Wednesday 29 September 2010

I hate blogging.

It's a fact. I'm not starting this blog to post my random thoughts on life, the universe and everything. So why have I started this blog? People have asked me many times how they can keep up to date with what I'm currently hacking on. For a long time I've been trying to lay low and just talk about it on IRC #ck@irc.oftc.net but the signal to noise ratio on IRC can be quite low, and unless you idle there you won't see updates. I also hate keeping websites and mailing lists and posting regularly on forums and so on. But "NC" suggested this and it made a lot of sense for me to post my rambling on about what changes there are in the very little software that I do work on. So I'm giving it a try. I tend to work on my stuff in bursts, doing a truckload of stuff for a month or so, then refusing to look at code for another few months having gotten sick of it.

So here goes, a blog mainly about the -ck kernel and BFS updates if and when they occur, and what ideas I have for it. The latest BFS is version 0.350 and I've spent the last few days bringing the most current so-called "stable" 4 point kernels from 2.6.31.14 to 2.6.35.6 up to date having a BFS 350 patch. Unfortunately I've only compile tested the earlier kernel patches due to lack of time and interest, but I've been running 2.6.35.5-bfs350 on a number of machines now and am very pleased. I'll post more on the new BFS when I get around to it.

Patches here:
BFS Patches

No comments:

Post a Comment