Thanks to those who've tested BFS 0.410 and found a few bugs. I've updated the test patch to 0.411 hopefully addressing all the regressions, and uploaded some incremental versions as well:
The bugs fixed in this version were to fix the Uniprocessor builds, fix the poor interactivity due to completely miscalculating deadline, and the suspend/resume regression. Please keep on testing and hopefully I can declare this one a stable release!
EDIT: I have re-tested and confirmed as reported by others, that 411 is indeed slower than 410 and actually slower than the stable 406. This is really disappointing as 410 was only faster by virtue of a bug that would favour throughput (and cause lousy interactivity). I've tried further optimising the code, but alas it appears that for our desktop workloads, skiplists are not the way forward.
EDIT2: Small improvements to be had by adding this patch, but it's still not matching 406 performance for me: