A number of accumulated bug reports had collected since the last lrzip release and since I regularly use lrzip I want to make sure it stays bug free as far as I am aware, even if I'm not planning any new features for it. As some of the changes are potentially security fixes, I urge any user to update.
Get it here:
or via git here:
Here is the what's new list:
- Minor optimisations.
- Exit status fixes.
- Update and beautify information output.
- Fix Android build.
- Enable MD5 on Apple build.
- Deprecate and remove liblrzip which was unused and at risk of bitrot.
- Fix failures with compressing to STDOUT with inadequate memory.
- Fix possible race conditions.
- Fix memory leaks.
- Fix -q to only hide progress.
- Add -Q option for very quiet.