It's been a while since lrzip received any attention while I got distracted by cgminer. However a bug report where there was an archive that was not decompressible drew my attention. After a run of debugging and testing (thanks Entil!) I tracked down the bug. The nice thing was the archives were actually all intact, it was purely on decompression that it could be a problem, and it was extremely rare for an archive to be made in this way. So I fixed the bug, updated the lzma library to the latest, added an lrzip bash completion script and a couple of other minor things and have released version 0.607.
lrzip on freshmeat
Meanwhile Michael Blumenkrantz has been working on a liblrzip library for lrzip! That means once we finalise the format, you'll be able to compile in lrzip support into your applications, using functions like:
lrzip_compress(void *dest, unsigned long *dest_len, const void *source, unsigned long source_len)
This work is currently in the liblrzip branch on the github tree.